P2P (Peer-to-Peer) lending platform is a place where the lender and borrower connect without the presence of middlemen. In the general market, middlemen are usually banks and other financial institutions. By getting rid of the middlemen, the two parties involved deal with each other directly.
The same theory is applied to P2P crypto lending software. Instead of fiat, cryptocurrency is borrowed and lent through the exchange. Issues such as lack of security, transparency, and reliability are solved to a major extent because the transactions take place on a blockchain.
Similar to regular markets, borrowers can decide the amount they want to borrow and the time duration of the loan. They will have to repay the amount with a pre-defined interest amount calculated by the exchange.
What are P2P Crypto Lending Exchanges?
The main aim of the P2P crypto lending platform is to bring the lenders and borrowers together on a single platform to facilitate transactions between them. The platform should take care of multi-layer security, KYC, and AML verification for the lender and the borrower to promote safe and secure transactions.
The borrower can be an individual or an entity. The credit rating of the borrower is not taken into consideration. This allows the platform to be accessible by a wider spectrum of the market. The lender is usually an individual who would be offering crypto funds to those who need them. Both the lenders and borrowers should first create their profiles on the platform for the purpose.
How Do P2P Crypto Lending Exchanges Work?
The working of a P2P crypto lending exchange is quite simple and easy. It starts with the two main parties opening their accounts on the exchange and creating their profiles by submitting the required information.
- The information typically includes name, phone number, address, bank account details, and the type of investment the lender wishes to make.
- The lender should also set the specifications about the type of borrowers they would like to deal with.
- Once the account is created, the lender has to wait for a request from the borrower.
- The borrower also submits personal details, such as name, address, phone number, and ID proof.
- The borrower has to submit collateral (includes crypto coins, guarantor, or legal documents).
- After the account is created, the borrower places a request for a crypto loan on the exchange.
Rest of the Process:
- The matching engine of the exchange compares the request with the criteria set by the lenders and suggests a perfect match based on the terms and conditions.
- The lender receives the request and set up an interview with the borrower to discuss terms, if necessary.
- The lender has the right to approve or reject a loan request.
- Once the request has been approved, the loan amount is credited to the borrower’s account.
- The lender starts earning interest for the same. Once the duration ends, the borrower pays back the total amount.
- If the borrower fails to repay, the collateral is sold in the open market to recover the loan amount.
Why is P2P Crypto Lending Famous?
The following factors have made P2P crypto lending software famous in the market:
- There is no credit check involved when applying for a loan. Borrowers are expected to pay collateral when they open an account on the lending platform.
- The interest rates for crypto lending are lower than the interest rates for fiat loans.
- The process of lending and borrowing is streamlined and automated.
- The blockchain makes the entire process transparent and secure.
- The P2P crypto lending exchange offers flexible interest calculations so that the borrower and the lender can calculate how much interest would be accumulated for the said amount per day, per week, per month, per quarter, or per year.
- Traders find it easy to borrow cryptocurrency for a short while instead of selling their assets while the market is volatile.
Experts say that the popularity of P2P crypto lending exchanges will only increase as more and more people start looking at it as an affordable alternative option of getting a loan. With crypto markets gaining more traders, the lending platforms are here to stay. Companies that are planning to develop P2P lending exchanges should start working on the project immediately.
We, at Antier Solutions, offer customized P2P crypto lending software development services to navigate your development journey. We offer a white-label P2P lending solution to accelerate deployment, and on the contrary, we can build a custom crypto lending platform for you from scratch, as per your business model.
Schedule a free demo of our white label P2P crypto lending exchange or connect with our subject matter experts to share your business needs.
Originally published at https://www.antiersolutions.com on May 29, 2020.